Junior Project Engineer-In-Training | Edmonton, Alberta
Junior Project Engineer-In-Training
Posted On: August 8, 2022
Job Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Competition Number: VOL-22-50
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Competition Closing: August 31, 2022
Your role with us:
Reporting to the Manager, Mechanical Design, the Junior Project Engineer in Training will focus on SolidWorks part and assembly modelling and drafting in accordance with internal standards, creating product documentation and supporting Engineering PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) activities. You will also assist in the areas of conceptual design, in house and field validation testing, detailed product feeding and product launch activities. As a project manager, you will be responsible to manage the project team and execution of the New Product Development (NPD) process.
You will bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering is required.
- Registration with APEGA (EIT) is required.
- 2-4 years of experience in mechanical design is preferred.
- Strong understanding of fundamental engineering principles, a keen scientific curiosity and enthusiasm for exploring challenges and initiatives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills and attention to detail with strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- A relevant master’s degree is an asset.
What we offer you:
- A culture that values you, your collaboration, and your expertise
- Mentoring opportunities
- Training and Development program
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits that include Health and Wellness Spending Accounts
- A company matching Group Retirement Savings Plan
- An Employee and Family Assistance plan
- On-site Parking