Buyer | Edmonton, Alberta
Posted On: September 26, 2023
Job Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Competition Number: VOL-22-29
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Competition Closing: October 13, 2023
Who we are:
At Volant, we believe in doing the right things for the right reasons and continuously strive to improve the health, safety, and environmental contributions that our products and services make to the well construction process. Specializing in casing system installation, we’re focused on transforming the way oil, gas and geothermal wells are constructed by improving safety, efficiency and well integrity. Deeply rooted in technology, our capabilities derive from designing and manufacturing equipment that makes our customers work safer, easier, and more productive by removing people from harm’s way, advancing industry practices, and reducing environmental impacts during the well construction process and for the life of the well.
We know that people are more valuable than things and that strong and effective teams are key to our success. We value contribution from every employee and leverage accountability, in a context of trust, to create an atmosphere where everyone can learn, grow, and be respected. We are seeking passionate individuals who are committed to innovation, quality, safety, and a collaborative work environment.
Your role with us:
The Buyer is responsible for procurement of goods and services across the organization. The Buyer will secure satisfactory costing without jeopardizing quality and ensuring alignment with procedures and policies.
You will bring to the role:
- Minimum 2 year’s Procurement experience within manufacturing organizations related to the oil and gas industry.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Supply Chain Management, or Business Administration, or equivalent experience.
- Supply Chain Management Designation is an asset.
- Previous SKU management experience would be an asset.
- Warehouse experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated understanding of purchasing best practices.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret mechanical drawings, material specifications and procurement cycle documents.
- Experience working with enterprise resource planning tools, intermediate computer skills, and working knowledge of MS Word, Excel.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills along with strong presentation, time- management and organizational skills.
What we offer you:
- A culture that values you, your collaboration, and your expertise.
- Mentoring opportunities.
- Training and Development program.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits that include Health and Wellness Spending Accounts.
- A company matching Group Retirement Savings Plan.
- An Employee and Family Assistance plan.
- On-site Parking.
- Shift Details Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm
How to join our team:
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference competition number VOL-23-29.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.